Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Rent



In my overall opinion of the movie Rent, it was phenomenal. Just absolutely excellent. It even made me tear up; multiple times. So that’s how it made me feel overall. Now, as for all the different parts of this movie that made me feel these emotions I will tell about them. To start off with, every time that Mimi sang I began to tear up because she has such a beautiful voice and is an amazing singer. However, to be honest, I also began to tear up when they thought that she died, but she didn’t and, when she came back I began to tear up because I was happy that she didn’t die.
                So as for how the creator of Rent addressed cultural issues, our main characters were struggling with paying their rent and finances although that may seem to pinpoint where the creator of Rent got the name for this movie, it is more than just paying the rent for a house, it is also about paying one’s dues, or rent, to society to be socially acceptable but then again, who cares what other people think and why should someone care what someone else thinks anyways. So our other main cultural issue is sexuality discrimination. Well it goes to a certain point in other words I’m saying that caring and not caring both go hand in hand. In other words, once again, there is manners, which is a form of caring, and being unaccepting of other people’s opinions, which is a form of not caring. But in my opinion being gay and happy should be socially accepted because love is love no matter what and that also leads to another part of the movie that I began to tear up to which was when Angel died, and she was a true angel.
                Overall, even though some parts of the movie were kind of confusing to me, I still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment