Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hollywood's example of the lack of father son/daughter relationships.


As we have seen in the past few movies we have watched, a father son (or father daughter) relationship/situation has been quite re-occurring. The movies with this topic have been Trouble With the Curve, Field of Dreams, and Catch Me if You Can. They all portray a great example of father son/daughter relationships, or that there lack of. However there’s one in specific that I can relate to or understand more than the others. That one is Trouble With the Curve. I say this for many reasons. These reasons start with the respect factor, or that there lack of. Unfortunately, Hollywood tries to explain what it is like having an absence of a father figure and they don’t do the best job at it, but hey they try. My situation is a little different than the one in Trouble With the Curve, but it is the one that I can relate to the most. Growing up I never really had much of a relationship with my dad and it wasn’t because he was a bad guy or anything or like he sent me away to live with someone else or to go to a boarding school, it was just because he was always working and rarely home. In Trouble With the Curve, there isn’t much respect between the father and the daughter, but instead there is distance and misunderstanding. In my case there was just no relationship at all. In the movie, when the two main characters conversed, they couldn’t seem to get along. My dad and I can get along but only for short periods of time before we’re screaming our heads off at each other. Anyways, my overall situation is a lot like the one the movie because no matter what, the father and the daughter can’t seem to get along.   

No comments:

Post a Comment