Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Shawshank Redemption



                What I could do is give an entirely specific down to each point type of summary of the movie/film The Shawshank Redemption, but, believe it or not, I won’t do that. But instead I will fully and properly do my best to fully and properly answer the blog prompt without going on about what I am and am not going to just to use random words to fill up the page to get this blog done and over with which is exactly what I have just done. But I’m not done with the blog yet so I must go on.
                So to start off with, is the Shawshank Redemption a redemption tale, and if so, does it live up to its name? Well I guess so and I know that that’s not very convincing, but to be honest I don’t have much of an idea of what redemption means. So as for our next question, which man is redeemed? Well for me it’s hard to tell because, once again, I have almost no idea of what redemption means so I guess I could just answer this question quickly and get it done and over with, but I won’t do that and in fact I will instead put some thought into it. So, now that I have put some thought into it, I could say that Andy is the one that has been redeemed and be done with it and let that be the end of answering this question, and I could say this because he’s technically the main character. But again, to be honest I’d rather put some deep thought into this and along with that, I could say that Red is the one who’s been redeemed and I could say this for a couple reasons. These reasons start off not with the fact that he was the second main character, but with the fact that he was in prison longer and with that being said; I guess one could say that that place had become his home. I mean that because when someone spends so much time of their life in a place it basically becomes all that that person knows and it’s hard to imagine a place outside of it and those images turn into faint memories. So anyways, when Red did eventually get out things were different and he had three main choices; to live his new life the best he could, end his life in all, or do something to get himself sent back to jail. Fortunately, he took the first choice and made a life for himself so I guess one could easily say that he was the one redeemed. But then again, I could be completely wrong. So in all, who truly was redeemed? Was it our main character who had escaped prison after being sentenced for something that he hadn’t even done and started a completely new life under a fake name, or Red; the man who served out his long grueling prison sentence and struggled but maintained/managed to create a new life for himself? Well that’s that. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment